Heya, friends! Are you getting excited that it’s ALMOST time to get your new Catherine Pooler goodies?!
I’m sharing tons of inspiration from the Lovebirds Bundle!
I have step-by-step instructions on creating this mini journal.. so read on!
I’m starting out with my uber-professional looking template! 😉
1. Cut a piece of white cardstock down to 4.75″ x 7.25″.
2. Score it at 3.5″ and 3.75″.
3. Round off your corners with a corner punch, if desired.
Grab your patterned paper – I’m using the new Twilight Reading Paper Pack.
4. Cut down smaller pieces of cardstock that are approximately .25″ less for each layer. I’m using the Scallops and Dots Dies and a paper trimmer.
5. If you rounded your edges on your white cardstock base, you’ll probably want to round these off as well. I’m only rounding the right corners.
6. Use a small hole punch or poker tool to create a small hole for a brad.
7. Place a brad in the hole, giving yourself room to wrap twine around a few times.
8. On the inner flap, tape a piece of twine that’s long enough to wrap around your mini journal 2-4 times, depending on what you want it to look like.
9. Glue a piece of patterned cardstock on the front flap to cover the tape and brad. My piece of paper is 3.25″ x 4.5″. I’m also using the same size and paper for the other flap.
I’m going to add a little more interest on the front of mine by stamping some birdcages from the Lovebirds stamp set with the new Apricot ink. Im going to trim that down and glue it to the front.
Now we’re ready to work on the inside!
10. Grab a piece of patterned paper and trim it down to 3.75″ x 2.5″.
11. Score at .5″ and 3.5″. Turn 90 degrees and score at .5″.
12. Use some scissors to cut triangles out of the flaps.
13. Use red tape to secure the pocket to your mini journal.
14. Grab some computer paper. Trim strips that are 8″ x 2.75″. Fold them in half and secure them together with a stapler. Stamp an image in the corner on one or all of the pages.
15. Use red tape to secure it to the inside of your journal.
16. Create some tags out of coordinating patterned paper and stick them in your pocket!
I hope you enjoyed this post and try to make your own mini journal!
You can start shopping the New Release on Tues, April 5th if you’re a StampNation member! Everyone else gets to start shopping on Weds, April 6th!
You can shop using my affiliate link if you want to help me get a small percentage of the sale! If you would like to, click here.
I’ll be back soon with more inspiration!! Xx, Amanda