Just wanted to say…

Hey ya’ll! Just wanted to share this super sweet SHAKER card with you and let you know how I made it!

I started off with this really fun background stamp from My Favorite Things. I used my anti-static tool from EK Tools to remove the static before stamping my background with Versamark Watermark ink.

I used clear embossing powder on the stamped image. Then, heat embossed with my heat gun.

I used Candied Apple and Abandoned Coral distress oxides with a blending makeup brush.

Pro Tip: Wipe off the excess ink/oxide with a paper towel. Some of the ink/oxide will sit on top of the embossed image, but will not stick to it. Later on, that might come off on your hand or another part of your card! Save yourself the heartbreak! 🙂

I used these diamond die cuts from The Stamp Market. With this crazy background, it was hard for me to “eyeball” where the dies would line up correctly.

Pro Tip: Use a “L” or “T” ruler to line up dies and then use washi tape to hold them there!

I grabbed another piece of white card stock for my base. On this one, I used Cracked Pistachio and Lucky Clover with a different blending makeup brush. (I only needed to blend where the diamonds would be.)

I started stamping my images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I chose this stamp pad because it works well with Copic alcohol markers! I used My Favorite Things “Aussie Friends” stamp set along with Avery Elle’s “Peek-a-Boo Pals” set.

I knew I wanted a limited color palette, so I stuck with muted greens that matched the distress oxides I used for the card base. (G46 and YG45)

Gray is always a great neutral, so I didn’t have to worry about which grays I used. I decided to use T3, T5, and T7 for my koala.

I used B41 for the Kookaburra’s wings. I tried to make it as subtle as possible because I was still trying to stick with that limited color palette. I used E40 and E41 for the rest of the bird’s feathers. I used T3 and T5 for his beak.

I kept with the T’s for my grays so they would all coordinate with each other nicely. I used T4, T5, and T6 for the panda. I used R20 and R32 for his pink spots.

I wanted to make the trunk of the tree subtle as well, so I did a light layer of E43 and E41.

For the shaker portion of the card, I grabbed my Acetate sheets. I cut a piece down that would be about 1/8″ – 1/4″ away from the edges of my card base. Then I used some foam adhesive strips all the way around the perimeter of my card base (again, 1/8″ – 1/4″ away from the edges), making sure that I didn’t leave any holes around the perimeter.

Pro Tip: Don’t pull the white sticker backing off of the adhesive strips yet! Wait until you’ve added all your sequins, glitter, prills, beads, etc. That way, nothing sticks to your adhesive strips!

After pulling of the white backing, I placed my acetate sheet on top. I then used a really tiny adhesive around the perimeter of the acetate sheet.

After pulling off the backing of that adhesive, I placed my pink diamond card stock on top, lining up the edges carefully.

I placed all my stamped images where I thought I wanted them.

Pro Tip: Snap a quick photo on your phone of your card at this step (just in case you start adhering pieces onto your card and forget where you had everything.)

Next, I started adhering everything where I wanted them using 3D foam dots and flat double sided tape.

Then, I was ready for my sentiments! I used these from the same Avery Elle stamp set. I used VersaMark watermark ink and used white embossing powder.

I embossed them with my heat gun.

I cut them down to the size I needed with my cutter.

I had to cut them down even farther, so I just used my scissors.

I used Connect glue from Gina K to adhere my black and gray sequins.

I added a few more clear drops with some Nuvo drops.

And that’s it! Make sure to tag me if you try this technique! @craftyandcreativevibes

%d bloggers like this: