Welcome to the Heffy Doodle New Release Inspiration Blog Hop! We are so excited to share amazing cards from our Design Team members using the new release! For today’s special Blog Hop, you can win a £50 voucher to the Heffy Doodle store!
You can shop the BRAND NEW RELEASE HERE!
Get your Sweetie Pie stamp set for FREE with a £30 spend (not inc. shipping). And get the coordinating dies too with a £45+ spend!
To create this trifold card, I started with a sheet of cardstock trimmed to 4.5″ x 11″. I scored at the 3″ mark and the 6″ mark.
For all of my rainbow blending, I’m using Maker Forte’s Color Hive Inks in the colors Flamingo, Yellowstone, and Vegas Strip. This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE rainbow blend! You can get a huge range of colors from just these 3 colors!
Here’s how I get the best blend:
1. I start with Yellowstone and blend it in the center of my cardstock.
2. Next, I blend Flamingo on the top of my cardstock (reaching all the way to the top). I gently blend the Flamingo into the Yellowstone to create an orange color.
3. I grab my Vegas Strip and repeat the process on the bottom of the cardstock.
4. Now, I take my Vegas Strip and blend a purple at the very tippy top of the cardstock to create a pinky-purple blend.
5. Then, I get my Flamingo again and blend at the very bottom of the cardstock to create a blue-purple blend.
6. If needed, I will take my Yellowstone brush and just lightly blend into the Flamingo and Vegas Strip.
7. I usually also spritz my background with a Mister Perfect Spray Bottle filled with regular water. I will also sometimes flick white watercolor paint using a Watercolor Brush.
If you were wondering what sort of black and white paper I’m using for my striped paper, you’ll be happy to know that I made it myself! I simply used the chisel end of a marker! I wanted them to look hand-drawn, so I just freehanded it! Easy peasy!
For my front panel, I’ve used the Love is Everywhere Stencil. I have also used my new favorite tool (the Cropadile!) to add some eyelets to the front of my card to hold my baker’s twine! I made sure to add my eyelets and twine before gluing down the inside panel!
For my sentiment, I’ve used the Gumbelievable Stamp Set and stamped the sentiment on black cardstock using Embossing Glue. Then, I sprinkled white embossing powder to the sentiment and melted the powder with a heat gun.
For my super adorable shaker lollipop, I’ve used the NEW Sweet Tooth Shaker Dies! Omg, are they adorable or what?! You can make all sorts of sweets and shakers! For my stripes, I used my chisel marker again! I mixed and matched Sparkle Mixes to get all the colors of the rainbow in there.
For my little circles, I used the circle confetti dies that come in the Sweet Tooth Shaker Dies.
I hope you have LOVED seeing how I made this rainbowy fun mini trifold card!
To be entered to win the giveaway, all you need to do is comment at each stop along the Blog Hop before Sept 13, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST. The winner will be announced on the Heffy Doodle Blog on Sept 15th at 10:00 AM EST!
Here’s your Blog Hop Lineup:
Thank you SO much for stopping by my blog to see my post!
Affiliate Links are used where possible. Using these links costs you nothing, but it gives me a small percentage of your purchase! This is amazinggly helpful for me so that I can continue to buy crafty goodies to share more tutorials with you! THANK YOU for using my links!!