If you don’t have any Avery Elle Peek-a-Boo Pals in your crafty collection, you are missing out! This stamp set is “Peek-a-Boo Summer Pals”. To see more photos and how I made this card, please keep reading on!! Enjoy!!
Here’s how I put this card together:
1. Start with the My Favorite Things Inside and Out Stitched Rectangle dies.
2. Place them on the A2 100# Neenah cardstock for your DIY frames. (I use Purple tape to hold them in place. I re-use the same pieces of tape over and over until it’s no longer sticky.)
3. Now it’s time to stamp your images with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I use this ink pad because it works well with Copic markers. I use the MISTI stamping tool to stamp with.
I grabbed a sentiment bubble from the Avery Elle “Peek-a-Boo Pets” as well.
4. Start coloring!!
I used Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y11, Y21, Y32, and Y26 for the seahorse.
I used R0000, R00, R01, R02, and R05 for the crab.
I used C1, C3, B0000, B000, B00, B21, and B34 for the shark.
For the shark’s belly, I used C00, C0, C1, and C3.
I used a white Gelly Roll pen to create some highlights on my stamped images.
5. Use the coordinating dies to cut your images out.
(Side note… I used the white gel pen on my word bubble, but didn’t like the way it looked. I ended up re-stamping the word bubble again.)
6. I used the “inside” squares to create little backgrounds for each frame.
For the biggest square, I used Faded Jeans and Salty Ocean distress oxides. I used this wave stencil from Pretty Pink Posh.
(You can use tape on the BACK of your square to hold your stencil in place!)
For my medium square, I used Candied Apple distress oxide and this Abstract Background stamp from My Favorite Things.
I used a makeup blending brush to blend in the square with Abandoned Coral.
For the smallest little guy, I used all my yellow Copics (that I used for the seahorse). I made the edges darker and got lighter in the center.
7. I decided to stamp this cute little sentiment from the Summer Pals set. I used Versafine Onyx Black because I like how deep and crisp this stamp pad makes the sentiment look.
8. I used 3D foam tape from Darice all along my frame cardstock.
9. I adhered that to a plain piece of 110# Neenah cardstock.
10. I put this super sticky Sookwang tape on the back of each of my squares and adhered them to the card.
11. I used 3D foam circles from Darice to adhere my stamped images.
12. The seahorse was lonely in his square, so I decided to give him some waves! This is a cheap stamp set I found at Michael’s years ago. It doesn’t even have a name! But the waves were perfect, so I stamped them in Salty Ocean distress oxide.
13. I fussy cut my waves out with my Tonic scissors.
14. I used B05 Copic to color in the white spots that I missed on the waves.
15. I used more 3D foam circles to adhere the waves to the card.
16. I then added the cute seahorse behind the wave. I had to add his little fins in the tight space behind him and the in front of the wave.
17. I used this sun die from My Favorite Things “Sun, Moon, and Stars”.
18. I cut it down so that it would fit behind the shark.
19. I colored it in with Y000, Y00, and Y11.
20. I used my sticky double sided tape to adhere it to the card.
21. I added sequins for the finishing touch! I used Gina K Connect glue and some tweezers!
Thanks so much for reading!